– Press Release 1 –
Stellantis: Building a world leader in sustainable mobility
- A new company with the agility, creativity and efficiency to capture the opportunities of the new era of mobility, offering innovative solutions that will help change the way society moves
- Rich heritage stemming from storied and iconic automotive marques, innovative mobility brands and deep roots in the communities in which it operates
- Well positioned to compete in global markets with 39 electrified vehicles available by the end of 2021
- Significant scale with well-established commercial positions in Europe, North America and Latin America
- Strong opening balance sheet
- Targeting more than €5 billion of annual steady state synergies
- Robust governance structure from Day One dedicated to creating superior value for all stakeholders
- Unwavering commitment of the 400,000 employees to exceed consumer expectations and pursue greatness
19 January 2021, Amsterdam, Netherlands – Today marks the launch of Stellantis NV [STLA] (“Stellantis” or “the Company” or “Group”), a world leader for a new era of sustainable mobility dedicated to providing freedom of movement with distinctive, affordable and efficient transportation solutions uniquely positioned to capture the exciting opportunities of a global industry undergoing rapid and profound change.
Formed from the combination of two groups with strong track records and sound finances, Stellantis is a truly global company of 400,000 diverse, highly talented and experienced employees who design, develop, manufacture, distribute, and sell vehicles and mobility solutions around the world while remaining deeply rooted in the communities in which they live and work.
The 11-member Board of Directors is led by Chairman John Elkann. Carlos Tavares as Chief Executive Officer leads one of the most experienced and successful management teams in the industry whose diversity, experience and competitive spirit are amongst its key strengths. With a deep bench of executive talent relentlessly committed to improvement and innovation, Stellantis is well-positioned to continue its founding companies’ track record of value creation for all stakeholders guided by a common principle: challenge the status quo.
With a proud heritage stretching back 125 years, Stellantis is home to a full portfolio of storied brands that have graced the road and conquered the podium in the world of motorsport. Founded by visionaries who infused these marques with passion and a competitive spirit, the brands cover the full spectrum of market segments from luxury, premium and mainstream passenger vehicles to hard-charging pickup trucks, SUVs and light commercial vehicles, as well as dedicated mobility, finance and parts and service brands.
Stellantis already has a well-established presence in three regions – Europe, North America and Latin America – in addition to significant untapped potential in important markets such as China, Africa, the Middle East, Oceania and India. With industrial operations in more than 30 countries, the Company has the ability to efficiently meet and exceed consumer expectations and deliver vehicles and services of unparalleled quality in more than 130 markets.
Stellantis starts from a position of considerable strength with robust operating margins reflecting the Company’s leading positions in North America, Europe and Latin America. The Company expects to leverage its size and economies of scale as an enabler to invest in innovative mobility solutions for its customers, targeting annual synergies of more than €5 billion at a steady state. These synergy estimates will be achieved through the implementation of smart purchasing and investment strategies, optimizing powertrain and platform utilization, applying cutting-edge R&D and a continuous focus on manufacturing and tooling efficiencies. These synergy estimates are not based on any plant closures resulting from the transaction.
Nine Governance Committees will ensure an efficient operating structure from Day One, including company-wide performance & strategy, planning, regions, manufacturing, brand and styling.
Stellantis’ portfolio is uniquely suited to offer distinctive, sustainable mobility solutions to meet its customers’ evolving needs, as they embrace electrification, connectivity, autonomous driving and shared ownership. As the electrified market continues to grow, Stellantis is well positioned today with 29 electrified models available and plans to introduce ten additional vehicles by the end of this year.
The Company is strongly committed to playing an active part in contributing to the societies in which it operates, as it works towards achieving a long-term goal of carbon neutrality across all products, assembly plants and other facilities.
Marking the occasion John Elkann said: “It is no coincidence that Stellantis is born precisely when our world requires a new kind of automotive company that will champion clean and intelligent solutions to provide freedom of movement for all. Our global scale and reach provide us with the resources to invest in state-of-the-art technologies, distinctive excellence and unmatched choice for our customers. But it is the geographic and cultural diversity of Stellantis’ people that from Day One is our greatest competitive advantage. It is they, with their energy, their knowhow and their constant commitment who make Stellantis what it is today. And it is they who day-by-day will build an even greater company for this new era of mobility.”
Commenting on the first day of Stellantis’ journey, Carlos Tavares said, “This is a great day. One year after we announced this project, Stellantis is born, notwithstanding the unprecedented societal and economic disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. I want to warmly thank all of the teams who made this possible and also thank the entire workforce who continued to move our operations forward during this exceptional year. This demonstrates the agility, creativity and adaptability of our company which aims to be great rather than big, determined to be much more than the sum of its parts. It is also a further signal of the new company’s determination to be a leading player in the automotive industry in this ever changing environment. Stellantis is dedicated to “pursuing greatness” and enhancing the well-being of its employees.”
The new company began trading yesterday, January 18, on Euronext (Paris) and the Borsa Italiana (Milan) and today on the New York Stock Exchange.
Full year 2020 results will be reported on March 3, 2021.
– Press Release 2 –
Appointment of the Top Executive Team to steer Stellantis
19 January 2021, Amsterdan, Netharlands – Stellantis is establishing an efficient governance from Day One with the appointment of the Top Executive Team, together with the 9 dedicated committees covering company-wide performance and strategy.*
Carlos Tavares, CEO of Stellantis, said: “This highly competitive, committed and well balanced team will leverage its combined skills and diverse backgrounds to guide Stellantis, to become a great company.”
*Strategy Council, Business Review, Global Program Committee, Industrial Committee, Allocations Committee, Region Committee, Brand Committee, Styling Review, Brand Review
Chief Executive Officer: Carlos TAVARES
Strategic and performance
- Head of Americas: Mike MANLEY
- Global Corporate Office: Silvia VERNETTI
- Chief Performance Officer: Emmanuel DELAY
- Chief Software Officer: Yves BONNEFONT
- Chief Affiliates Officer: Philippe de ROVIRA (*)
(*) Sales Finance, Used Cars, Parts and Service, Retail Network
Region Chief Operating Officers
- Enlarged Europe: Maxime PICAT
- Deputy Davide MELE
- Eurasia Xavier DUCHEMIN
- North America: Mark STEWART
- South America: Antonio FILOSA
- Middle East & Africa: Samir CHERFAN
- China: Grégoire OLIVIER Interim, in charge of DPCA
- India and Asia Pacific: Carl SMILEY
- Asean Christophe MUSY
Brand Chief Executive Officers
- Global SUV
- Jeep: Christian MEUNIER Synergies Referent
- American Brands
- Chrysler: Timothy KUNISKIS Interim
- Dodge: Timothy KUNISKIS Synergies Referent
- RAM: Mike KOVAL
- Citroën: Vincent COBEE
- Fiat & Abarth: Olivier FRANCOIS
Synergies Referent & Global Chief Marketing Officer
- Upper mainstream
- Opel & Vauxhall: Michael LOHSCHELLER
- Peugeot: Linda JACKSON Synergies Referent
- Alfa Romeo: Jean-Philippe IMPARATO Synergies Referent
- DS: Béatrice FOUCHER
- Lancia: Luca NAPOLITANO
- Maserati: Davide GRASSO
- Free2Move: Brigitte COURTEHOUX
- Leasys: Giacomo CARELLI
Global Function Chief Officers
- Finance: Richard PALMER
- Human Resources & Transformation Xavier CHEREAU
- General Counsel: Giorgio FOSSATI
- Planning: Olivier BOURGES
- Purchasing & Supply Chain: Michelle WEN
- Manufacturing: Arnaud DEBOEUF
- Design: Ralph GILLES
(CHRYSLER / DODGE / JEEP / RAM / MASERATI / FIAT Latin America)
(ABARTH / ALFA ROMEO / CITROEN / DS / FIAT Europe / LANCIA/ OPEL /PEUGEOT / VAUXHALL)
- Engineering: Harald WESTER
- Deputy Patrice LUCAS Cross car line and project engineering
- Deputy Nicolas MOREL
- CTO: To be defined
- Sales & Marketing: Thierry KOSKAS
- Customer Experience: Richard SCHWARZWALD
- Deputy Jean-Christophe QUEMARD
- Communication & CSR: Bertrand BLAISE