– Press Release –
Honda Motor Company (Africa and Middle East Office) announces the refreshed and the redesigned 2021YM Honda Accord
- Refreshed exterior design with wider restyled grille in Chrome and Black Chrome in Sports Grades
- Full LED Headlights (2.0L Only) with LED Daytime Running Lights and LED Taillights in all Grades
- New Stylish and Sporty Design for the 17” and 18” Alloy Wheels
- The Concert Hall Inspired Cabin with beige interiors base grade onwards
- Advanced connectivity and entertainment with 8-Inch Display Audio Screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Wireless Charger, USB charging ports in the rear cabin, rear wide view camera
- 10-Speed Automatic Transmission with Push Button Gear Selector on 2.0L Turbo grade only
- 2 Engine Variants -1.5L Turbo and 2.0L Turbo.
- Advanced Safety Features such as Rear Automatic Emergency Brake (on EX-L and 2.0L Turbo Grades) and Rear Seat Reminder on select grades in addition to other standard safety features.
- Advanced Honda SENSING (available only on EX-L and 2.0L Turbo Grades).
02 March 2021, Dubai, UAE – Honda Motor Company today announced the Refreshed and Redesigned 2021 Honda Accord for the GCC, Jordan and Egypt at a Virtual Launch Event held on their YouTube channel today and the respective social media channels of the country wise distributors. The 2021 Honda Accord Gets Refreshed Styling, Updated features on all grades. 2.0 and 1.5 Sport grades are now more distinguishable with Piano Black accent trims and 18-inch machine cut alloy wheels, plus new interior color, advanced features added to enhance safety and connectivity.
About the Accord:
First introduced in 1976, the Honda Accord is the second longest-running automotive nameplate in Honda’s history, after the Honda Civic. The Accord was the first automobile from a Japanese automaker to be manufactured in America and has been in continuous production at the company’s Marysville, Ohio auto plant since November 1, 1982, using domestic and globally sourced parts. Total global Accord production exceeds 17.5 million units. In 1987, Accord became the first U.S-made automobile from a Japanese automaker to be exported overseas (Accord Sedan to Taiwan).
Accord has also played an important role in advancing low-emissions vehicle technology in America and was the first Honda automobile to meet California’s ULEV, SULEV and SULEV30 emission standards.
The 2018 Accord
The 2018 Accord was the 10th generation of Honda’s perennially best-selling midsize sedan. All new from the ground up, the new Accord is built on a new platform with a lower, wider stance, a lighter and more rigid unibody structure; a lighter and more sophisticated chassis; two advanced new power units, including Accord’s first-ever turbocharged engines, a new 10-speed automatic transmission.
In recreating Accord for its 10th generation, Honda designers and engineers sought to convey “absolute confidence” in every element of design and performance. Building on the bedrock character of Accord – its outstanding quality, fuel efficiency, packaging and sophisticated driving dynamics – they have imbued the 10th-generation Accord with a new level of emotional appeal and premium quality; an Accord that defies its mainstream midsize sedan status, providing even more refined and engaging performance, a more spacious and upscale interior, and the latest generation of advanced Honda safety and driver-assistive technologies.
The Refreshed and Redesigned 2021 Honda Accord:
Sophisticated and Sporty New Exterior Styling
The 2021 Accord gets a refreshed styling with a new front bumper, restyled wider lower and upper grille, for even more sophisticated and sharper looks. The LED high and low beam headlights (2.0L Turbo) blend naturally to the solid wing and upper grille. For the Sports Grades there are Piano black accents added, starting with shark fin antennae, side mirrors, with the rear spoiler complimenting the piano black grille and upper door trims. The 18-inch machine polished wheels (in the sports grades) also continue with the piano black theme, making the 2021 Honda Accord really stand out from the rest. The other grades boast of restyled 17” Alloy Wheels.
Spacious and Luxurious Interior Styling and Features
The Concert Hall Inspired Cabin allows for an uninterrupted view coupled with new advanced and sophisticated features that are convenient and easy to use. The 2021 Accord is now fitted with beige interior from the LX Grade Onwards along with leather in the top grades and black interior options.
Refined, spacious and intuitively designed. The Accord’s cockpit ensures that every feature is positioned just where you need it, to keep the driver in full control always.
The 2021 Accord is now equipped with wireless charging (EX-L Grade Onwards) and 2 new Rear USB ports (Ex Onwards) for easy and quick charging.
The clean and elegantly laid out dashboard presents advanced driving technology in the simplest of ways, placing essential information directly in the line of sight for instant readability such as the Head-Up Display which shows vital information such as speed, directions, incoming calls all in the drivers line of sight.
Audio and Connectivity
The 2021 Honda Accord is a technologically advanced vehicle, which offers the latest features in technology and connectivity. Some of the features on the 2021 Accord Include:
- 8-inch Display Audio Touchscreen: Full colour 8-inch Display Audio Touchscreen offers the latest in, device connectivity and acts like a command centre allowing the driver and the front seat passenger to customize according to preference. It even has the Apple CarPlay app, and Android Auto equipped in its interface. For UAE and KSA Markets, the 8-inch Display Audio has new added feature known as Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB). Digital broadcasting allows crystal clear sound and greater information can be displayed on the screen of the music or the radio station.
(* Standard in All Grades for UAE and KSA and only for 1.5L Turbo Grade onwards for other GCC countries.)
(*Digital Audio Broadcasting – Specification might vary depending on grade and country)
- Rear USB Connector: The New 2021 Accord has added rear USB charging so that rear passengers can now charge their phones without any hassle. (EX Grade onwards)
- Wireless Charging: Phones supporting wireless charging can be easily charged, using the Wireless charging platform in the centre console on the EX-L and 2.0 L Sport Grade.
- Rear Wide View Camera: It provides three different angles — normal, top-down and wide for a better view of what is behind you whenever you shift into Reverse.
Advanced Safety Features
The 2021 Accord in addition to its safety features such Advanced Front Airbags (Single for Driver. & Dual for Assistant.), Side Airbags Front, Side Curtain Airbags (Roll Over), Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Knee Airbags, ACE Body Structure, Honda Lanewatch(Ex Grade Onwards), Heads Up Display(2.0L turbo grade only) has added on new safety features to make sure the occupants feel safe and secure. The new feature is The Rear Automatic Emergency Brake Assist which uses a sonar based parking sensors, the new system can sense solid objects below 10km/h such as in parking situations, and warn the driver or apply the brakes to help avoid or mitigate a collision. Another additional feature is The Rear Seat Reminder which is a new safety feature available in all grades (except LX) The driver is notified to check the rear seat, when the ignition is turned off.
The 2021 Accord still retains its two direct-injected VTEC Turbo 4-cylinder engines with dual VTC – a 1.5-liter 16-valve inline-4 and a 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC inline-4. Both new turbocharged engines produce peak torque across a broad range of engine speed (RPM), delivering smooth and virtually lag-free power for exceptional throttle response and power delivery in all driving conditions.
The 1.5-L turbo is mated to a Honda continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) with G-Shift Control and produces 198 hp @ 5500rpm and a torque of 260Nm@1600-5000rpm. The new 2.0-L turbo, sharing much of its design with the 2017 Civic Type-R engine, is mated to a smooth, responsive Honda-designed 10-speed automatic with an automatic push button gear selector. It produces 247 HP @ 6500rpm and a torque of 370N-m @1500-3500 rpm.
In the 2.0L Turbo grade the conventional shift lever is replaced with a fully electronic, shift-by-wire gear selector. Park, Neutral and Drive are selected with the push of a button. Reverse is selected by pulling back a dedicated switch. Indicator lights on or next to the buttons indicate the mode selected. Additionally, steering wheel-mounted paddle shifter system lets the driver take manual control of transmission gear selection.
The EX-L and 2.0L of the 21YM Honda Accord is equipped with the Honda Sensing suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies designed to alert you to things you might miss while driving. It includes:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): To help reduce the likelihood of a frontal impact, the Collison Mitigation Braking System helps to bring the car to a stop if the system determines that a collision with a vehicle detected in front or a pedestrian is unavoidable. A warning sounds, and if necessary, brake pressure is automatically applied.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): It scans the road ahead to warn drivers of a potential collision and provides visual and audible alerts to prompt the driver to take corrective actions to avoid a potential hazard.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): It will detect if the car is straying out of its current lane without the turn signal activated and provides an alert to prompt the driver to make a correction.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Road Departure Mitigation System uses the windscreen-mounted camera to detect whether the car is veering out of its lane. It applies subtle corrections to keep the vehicle in its lane, and in certain situations can also apply braking force and provide a tactile warning.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): It helps to keep the car in the middle of the current lane, by detecting road markings with a monocular camera and making small adjustments to steer the vehicle within the lines.
- Head on Collision System: The Head on Collision System warns drivers of a potential collision with audible and visual warnings. It also uses a tactile warning with autonomous braking as well and vibrates the steering wheel to warn the driver in case he/she is tired.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), allows the driver to set a desired speed and following distance from a vehicle detected ahead, allowing the Accord to adjust its speed automatically for a safe and comfortable journey.
- Low Speed Follow: The system uses a millimetre wave radar and monocular camera mounted to the windshield to continually track the distance to the detected vehicle ahead and adjusts the Accord’s speed to maintain the set distance. The Low Speed Following function allows the Accord to come to a complete stop, if the vehicle in front slows down and stops. To move off again, simply apply the throttle.
The 21YM Honda Accord comes in the below exterior and interior colors for all the grades:
- Sonic Gray Pearl (New)
- Platinum White Pearl
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steek Metallic
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Obsidian Blue Pearl
- Still Night Pearl
- San Marino Red
- Radian Red Metallic